Philip Turner (b. 1935) is an ordained Anglican priest and leading American moral theologian. He was Dean of the Berkley Divinity School at Yale (1991-98) and recently served as Interim Dean and President of the Episcopal Theological Seminary of the South.
Lectures on Christian Ethics
Undertakings & Promises: Sexual Ethics In the Life of the Church, The 1990 Zabriskie Lectures Series
- Lecture I - Marriage & Divorce
- Lecture II - The Redefinition of Mothers, Fathers & Families
- Lecture III - Sex & The Single Life
Fall Clergy Conference, Diocese of West Texas, Oct 2004. (all PDF)
- First Address - Moral Theology in Crisis
- Second Address - The Focus of Christian Ethics, Three Views
- Third Address - Where Do We Begin?
- Fourth Address - Birth, A Point of Definition for Christians in a New Century
- Fifth Address - Death, A Point of Definition for Christians in a New Century
- Sixth Address - The Rise of the Phoenix or the End of the Dodo?
Undertakings & Promises: An Anatomy of Sexual Ethics, First Things, Apr 1991
Sex & The Single Life, First Things, May 1993.
The Homosexual Movement: A Response by the Ramsey Colloquium, First Things, March 1994 [signatory]
Contraception: A Symposium, First Things, Dec 1998 [with Gilbert Meilaender]
Authority in the Church: Excavations Among the Ruins, First Things, Dec 1990
The Episcopalian Preference, First Things, Nov 2003.
The Network's Foundations, Feb 2004.
An Unworkable Theology, First Things, June/July 2005.
The Bishop Elliot Lectures, Redeeming the Times, October 2005
To Students of Divinity: A Convocation Address, First Things, Oct 1992.
Response to Thomas Oden on 'The New Ecumenism & Christian Witness to Society", Institute on Religion & Democracy, Oct 2001.
Book Reviews by Turner
Ford & Stamps, Essentials of Christian Community, Anglican Theological Review, Spring 1998
Webster, Barth's Moral Theology, Anglican Theological Review, Winter 2000.
Witte, From Sacrament to Contract, Anglican Theological Review, Winter 2000
Banks, Reenvisioning Theological Education, Christian Century, Feb 2000
Topic: Turner, Philip
No comments found.